Lantiseptic Skin Protectant
Lantiseptic Skin Protectant is a high-lanolin formula which has become the product of choice in long- term care facilities for preventing and helping treat a variety of skin conditions. Lantiseptic Skin Protectant is ideal for incontinence associated dermatitis, severely dry skin, skin tears & cracks, burns and other skin injuries. Research has shown that barrier ointments containing lanolin and petrolatum, the active ingredients in Lantiseptic Skin Protectant, are more effective and longer-lasting in maintaining hydration and skin integrity.
- To help protect ulcer-prone skin, The moisturizing, emollient nature of the Lantiseptic Original ointment maintains a superior environment for the healing process of stage I and II ulcers.
- To prevent Incontinence Associated Dermatitis, Lantiseptic is an effective skin protectant where urine, feces or intestinal contents irritate the skin. It should be applied to clean dry skin in sufficient quantities to act as a barrier. Its emollient action also will help protect the skin and speed healing.
- To help heal reddened or cracked skin, The soothing, moisturizing and protective properties of Lantiseptic make it well suited to the care of reddened or cracked skin. Specific applications should be adapted to the nature of the injury. Reddened skin will often clear overnight.
- To help treat burns and other skin injuries, Lantiseptic is not intended as a primary burn therapy but its protectant and emollient actions make it a useful addition when treating burns and other skin injuries.
- To help prevent calluses, Lantiseptic keeps skin pliable and softens hardened skin to help treat and prevent calluses.